Match the names of these famous world landmarks to the correct pictures.
(Ghép tên những địa danh nổi tiếng thế giới đúng với những bức tranh.)
Stonehenge The Pyramids Sydney Opera House
a) The Pyramids: Kim Tự Tháp (Ai Cập)
b) Sydney Opera House: Nhà hát Sydney (Úc)
c) Stonehenge: Bãi đá cổ Stonehenge (Anh)
Hoa: Mình đang chán đây. Chơi trò gì đi.
Hoa: Chúng mình có thể chơi trò ” Hai mươi câu hỏi“.
Nhi: Trò chơi gì thế? Mình không biết chơi.
Nga: Đó là trò chơi giải đố. Mình nghĩ về một người hay một địa danh nào đó sau đó bạn phải đặt câu hỏi cho mình để đoán xem đó là gì.
Hoa: Nghe có vẻ cũng dễ. Chơi như thế nào?
Hoa: Điều gì xảy ra nếu chúng mình không trả lời đúng.
Nga: Ừ. Bạn có thể biết nơi này. Mình sẽ gợi ý cho bạn. Nó không ở Việt Nam.
Hoa: Nó ở châu Á phải không?
Nhi: Có phải nó ở New York không?
Nhi: Mình biết rồi. Cầu Golden Gate chứ gì?
Nga: Không. Cầu Golden Gate không ở New York. Nó ở San Francisco.
Nhi: Mình nghĩ câu trả lời là tượng Nữ thần Tự Do.
1. Practice the dialogue with two classmates.
(Thực hành hội thoại với hai bạn cùng lớp.)
2. Complete the summary. Use words from the dialogue.
(Hoàn thành bài tóm tắt sau, sử dụng từ trong bài hội thoại trên.)
Hoa, Nga and her cousin Nhi were bored, so Nga suggested that they play a (1) game called 20 Questions. She explained the rules and then the girls started to play. Nga thought of a (2) place and she gave the others a (3) clue by saying that it wasn’t in (4) Viet Nam. Nhi found out the place was in (5) America. Hoa thought it was the (6) Golden Gate Bridge, but that is in San Francisco. Nhi was (7) right when she said it (8) was the Statue of Liberty.
1. Think of 10 famous places. You may use the names of places listed in the box or you can use your own ideas. Write a Yes/No question about each place. Ask and answer the questions with a partner.
(Hãy nghĩ đến 10 địa danh nổi tiếng. Em có thể dùng tên những địa danh liệt kê trong khung hoặc theo ý kiến của em. Viết một câu hỏi Có/Không về mỗi địa danh. Hỏi và trả lời với bạn bên cạnh.)
2. Talk about your classmates’ answers with your partner.
(Thuật lại câu trả lời của bạn em với bạn bên cạnh.)
– I asked Hoa if Phong Nha Cave was in southern Viet Nam. She said that it wasn’t.
– I asked Hung whether PETRONAS Twin Towers in Malaysia was the highest building in the world. He said that it was.
– I asked Lan if the Great Barrier Reef was a World Heritage Site. She said that it was.
– I asked Ngoc whether the Empire State Building was in Australia. She said that it wasn’t.
– I asked Tuan if Ha Long Bay was a World Heritage Site. He said that it was.
– I asked Mai whether Big Ben was in Paris, France. She said that it wasn’t.
Do you want a quiet, relaxing vacation?
Look no further than beautiful far north Queensland. Stay right on the beach at the Coconut Palm Hotel. Take guided tours through the rainforest, swim in the crystal-clear water of the Coral Sea and snorkel amongst the coral of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Would Heritage Site.
Call (077) 6924 3927 for more information.
Mr. Robinson: I think this place sounds all right.
Mrs. Robinson: You mean the one in far north Queensland?
Mrs. Robinson: It must be near a rainforest because the hotel offers guided tours. I hope there won’t be a lot of mosquitoes.
Mr. Robinson: I don’t think there will be because it’ll be dry when we go.
Mrs. Robinson: The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is a World Heritage Site, isn’t it?
Mr. Robinson: That’s right.
Mrs. Robinson: OK. Let’s find out how much it costs. What’s the phone number?
Mr. Robinson: 077-6924-3927.
Nhiều người tuyên bố rằng còn có nhiều kì quan khác nữa mà người Hy Lạp cổ đại không biết đến. Những kì quan này bao gồm Vạn Lý Trường Thành của Trung Quốc, đền thờ Taj Mahal ở Ấn Độ và Angkor Wat ở Cam pu chia.
Angkor Wat thật sự được biết đến như một kì quan vì nó là ngôi đền lớn nhất thế giới. Ngôi đền này được xây vào khoảng năm 1100 để tôn thờ vị thần đạo Hindu, nhưng hơn 3 thế kỉ sau đó nó trở thành trung tâm tín ngưỡng Phật giáo. Vùng đất xung quanh đền, Angkor Thom đã từng là thành phố thủ đô của hoàng gia.
Vào đầu thế kỉ 15, những kẻ thống trị Khmer đến Phnom Penh và Angkor chìm trong im lặng. Giờ đây nó là điểm hấp dẫn khách du lịch.
Complete the sentences:
a) The only surviving wonder on Antipater’s list is the Pyramid of Cheops ( đáp án C).
b) Angkor Wat was originally built for Hindus ( đáp án A).
c) Angkor Wat was part of a royal Khmer city a long time ago ( đáp án D).
d) In the 1400s, the Khmer King chose Phnom Penh as the new capital ( đáp án B).
1. Complete the letter Tim sent to Hoa about his trip to the Grand Canyon. Insert the letters of the missing sentences.
(Hoàn thành bức thư Tim gửi cho Hoa kể về chuyến đi Grand Canyon bằng cách điền những câu còn thiếu vào bức thư đó.)
Chữ cái cần điền là: 1-C 2-B 3-D 4-A
Although it was summer, it was quite cool at night because the area is more than 2,000 meters above sea level.
2. Write a letter to a friend. Tell him/her about a place you have visited recently. Use the following prompts to help you.
I’m writing this letter to tell you that I’ve just returned from a trip to Ha Long Bay with my family. The sight was extremely magnificent.
It took us five or six hours by car to get there from Ha Noi. We spent more than a week there.
The weather was perfect. It was sunny, cool and windy. We enjoyed walking along the seaside at night very much.
It was really interesting when we knew about the legenda of Ha Long Bay. We really want to come back there when we have time next year.
How are you getting with your study at home? Where are you going for your holiday? Let me know.
1. Complete the sentences. Use the passive form of the verbs in the box.
(Hoàn thành những câu sau, dùng thể bị động của động từ trong khung.)
construct reach psent complete design
a) Sydney Opera House was completed in 1973.
2. Yesterday, Nga and Nhi talked about My Son, one of the World Cultural Heritages of Viet Nam. Report the questions Nhi asked Nga.
(Hôm qua Nga và Nhi nói chuyện về Mỹ Sơn, một trong những Di sản Văn hóa Thế giới của Việt Nam. Hãy thuật lại những câu hỏi mà Nhi hỏi Nga.)
Nhi asked Nga if she knew My Son.
Or Nhi asked Nga whether she knew My Son.
c) Is My Son in Quang Nam province?
d) Do many people live at My Son?
e) Do many tourists visit Mv Son every vear?
f) Do you want to visit My Son one day?
3. Nga answered Nhi’s questions. She then gave Nhi some additional information. Use the words to write about the information that Nga gave to Nhi.
(Nga đã trả lời câu hỏi của Nhi sau đó cô ấy cung cấp thêm một số thông tin. Dùng từ cho sẵn viết về những thông tin mà Nga nói với Nhi.)
b) show / where / get tickets
c) point out / where / buy souvenirs
e) tell / what / do there during the visit
4. Complete the passage. Use either the to-infinitive or the bare infinitive form of the verbs in brackets.
Nhi and her parents are visiting Hoi An and My Son. They are staying at a hotel near Cua Dai. Early this morning, Nhi decided to go for a run. She left the hotel and started (1) to jog in the direction of Cua Dai beach. She thought she might (2) go along the beach three times before heading the hotel. Unfortunately, after 10 minutes dark clouds began (3) to gather and it started (4) to rain. Nhi tried (5) to reach a shelter, but within a few seconds she was completely wet. So she decided (6) to continue her run because she couldn’t (7) become wetter!
1. Study the table below; use the given verbs to write true sentences in passive voice. (Trang 120 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Aspirin was discovered by Dresser in 1889.
b. Channel Tunnel linking England and France was constructed by English and French companies from 1987 to 1994.
c. Color television was invented by Peter Carl Goldmark in 1950.
d. Eiffel Tower was designed by Alexander Gustave Eiffel in 1889.
e. Electronic computers were invented by Atanasoff and Berry in 1942.
f. Laser was discovered by Gordon Gould in 1958.
g. Sydney Opera House was completed by Jorn Utzon in 1973.
h. The famous ancient Egyptian lighthouse was destroyed by Pharos of Alexandria in the 14 th century.
2. Change the active sentences into the passive and the passive into active to tell how to make books. (Trang 121 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
b. Firstly, big sheets of paper are printed by the printer.
c. Each sheet contains the text of a number of pages.
d. The sheets are folded and cut to produce sections of the book.
e. These sections are called signatures.
f. All the signatures are put together in the correct order by the printers.
g. The signatures are bound together and the edges are trimmed.
h. Finally, the cover which has been printed separately is attached.
i. Now the book can be published by the publishers.
3. A foreign tourist is asking Lan questions about Phong Nha-Ke Bang. Write them in direct speech. (Trang 121-122 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. The tourist asks Lan if / whether Phong Nha is in Quang Tri province.
b. The tourist asks Lan if / whether it has the most beautiful cave in Viet Nam.
c. The tourist asks Lan if / whether it is very far from Ha Noi.
d. The tourist asks Lan if / whether there are any wildlife conservation centers there.
e. The tourist asks Lan if / whether the environment was destroyed heavily in the war.
f. The tourist asks Lan if / whether people built a lot of hotels and restaurants around the place.
g. The tourist asks Lan if / whether it was admitted one of the world heritages.
h. The tourist asks Lan if / whether she can be his / her guide to Phong Nha this weekend.
4. Write the following dialogues in indirect speech. (Trang 122-123 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. Nam asked Nga if / whether her house was far from the city. Nga said it was.
b. Nam asked Nga if / whether she liked travelling. Nga said she did.
c. Nam asked Nga if / whether Big Ben was in London. Nga said she did.
d. Nam asked Nga if / whether it was cold in Sydney in January. Nga said it wasn’t.
e. Nam asked Nga if / whether the Pyramids in Egypt attracted a lot of tourists every year. Nga said they did.
f. Nam asked Nga if / whether Ha Long Bay in Viet Nam was one of the world heritages. Nga said it was.
g. Nam asked Nga if / whether her parents spoke English. Nga said they didn’t.
h. Nam asked Nga if / whether Australian people were very friendly. Nga said they were.
5. Complete the passage using the correct form of the verbs in the box. (Trang 123 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
1. to go 5. to rain/ raining
2. to go / going 6. to gather / gathering
3. jog 7. to continue
4. to reach 8. become
6. Complete the following sentences by using question words before to – infinitives. (Trang 123-124 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. I’m sorry. I don’t know where to go.
b. Sure. I know exactly how many to invite.
c. I really don’t know what to say to him/ her.
d. I have no idea which place to choose.
e. It’s hard for me to say how much to take with me.
f. Let Nhung decide when to start.
g. I’ll tell you who to invite.
h. Sure. I’ll show you how to make it.
7. The province soccer club has just changed the coach. Write about the club situation after having the new coach. (Trang 124-125 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. The new coach makes the players work very hard.
b. The coach wants the players to feel proud of their club.
c. He teaches them (how) to play well together.
d. He makes them watch films of matches of other teams.
e. The club doctor helps the players (to) restore their health after match.
f. The coach lets them relax after a game.
g. The coach expects that the players will have to behave well.
h. The fan club wants the team to do well.
i. The fans would like the club to win every match.
j. The coach invites the boys to visit the club from time to time.
k. The chairman persuades the companies to give money to the club.
8. Complete each of the sentences with the correct form of the word in brackets. (Trang 125-126 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
a. description e. reflection
b. government f. decoration
c. width g. completion
d. construction h. endurance
9. Read the passage and answer the multiple-choice questions. (Trang 126-127 sách Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8)
Từ khóa tìm kiếm